Tell us about your event or activity
If you run a venue, an arts organisation or collective or are a practising artist you can take part in Coming Of Age. You can register your climate-change related event on our website for free using the form below.
We know the timescale is tight but there are many things that can be done to give people in your locality a voice during COP21. Actions can be of any scale and use any medium – we work on the principle that it is better to do something rather than nothing. Your action will add to the critical mass of activities and demonstrate that climate change is a very real issue for artists and arts organisations throughout the UK.
• Plan a special event – a film screening, cabaret, readings, scratch performances, comedy night – the opportunities are boundless
• Create scratch workshop programmes with local schools, youth and community groups or activists. Display the outcomes.
• Send messages using digital media: use your digital displays to send out a message to your audiences and visitors
• Use décor to make a point – in your foyer, corridor, café, or the outside of your building
• Create an off-site event in a shopping mall, open space or town centre
• Develop work in-house with your youth theatre or community group.
• Encourage staff initiatives that involve people working in your building – from the people who run the catering, to backstage crews, curators, learning teams, administrators and managers.
• Have a cycle to work day. Turn the power off for ten minutes. Have a locally sourced food day. Organise a candle-lit meal with speakers. Put a call out to local poets. Have song-writing competition.
There is no limit to what can be done as part of Coming of Age – all activities and contributions are welcome. Your artistic response might cover some of the issues that will emerge at COP21: climate change, pollution, over-consumption, ecosystems, consumerism and waste. You may wish to explore mitigation, solutions, the consequences of change, the politics of a warming world and the future scenarios we may face. You may be optimistic, comic, dark or metaphoric in the way you approach climate change, but whatever you do make it part of Coming of Age.
Register Your Event Here
Please do ensure your event description includes a weblink